Prevent getting distracted behind the wheel.
Nearly everyone is guilty of some form of distracted driving. In fact, distracted drivers are almost everywhere you look – from the teen on the cell phone to the person fiddling with the radio to the multi-tasking parent behind the wheel. To help you stay safe and avoid disasters while on the road, take a look at these sure-fire ways to avoid distracted driving.
- Turn off your phone when you get in the car.
- If you need to leave your phone on, place it out of reach so you’re not tempted to scroll while behind the wheel.
- Stop somewhere safe (and legal) when you need to answer incoming calls and text messages.
- Familiarize yourself with the equipment/features in the car. Set up your radio and GPS before you set off.
- Avoid having deep conversations when driving.
- Limit the number of passengers in the vehicle as well as the level of activity inside the car.
- Don’t let your pets roam freely in the car. Make sure they are properly secured before you start driving.
- Don’t drive if you’re tired. If you feel tired, stop frequently to stretch your legs and get some fresh air.
- Avoid eating while driving.
- Do your multi-tasking outside the car. Focus on the single task at hand – driving.
Make sure you stay safe behind the wheel and have the right coverage in place. For the car insurance policy to fit your needs, contact Bell Black Insurance today! We serve all insurance needs for those in Idaho Falls, Island Park, Driggs, Victor, Swan Valley, Ashton, and the neighboring communities in Idaho, as well as Jackson and Star Valley in Wyoming.