Warm the house by baking these seasonal cookies!
Now that the weather has cooled off and the holidays are upon us, many are baking, cooking, and enjoying the festivities of the season! After all, it’s a time for friends, family, and food! What would winter be without a delightful cookie? Whether sugar or snickerdoodles are your favorite, this chai spiced cookie is sure to please all!
Whip these up tonight!
For the topping:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch cloves
For the cookies:
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the topping ingredients together on a dinner plate. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a fork to mix oil, sugar, syrup, and milk. Mix for at least a minute, until it resembles applesauce. Then mix in vanilla.
- Sift in remaining ingredients, stirring as you add them. Once all ingredients are added, mix until you’ve got a pliable dough. Mix with your hands to finish.
- With clean, moist hands, roll dough into walnut sized balls. Pat into the sugar topping to flatten into roughly 2-inch discs. Transfer to baking sheet, sugar side up, at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, they should be a bit browned on the bottoms. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
From the professionals at Bell Black Insurance, we hope that you and your family enjoy this seasonal cookie! For all of your insurance needs to see you through the holidays and beyond, contact us today! We serve those in Idaho Falls, Island Park, Driggs, Victor, Swan Valley, Ashton, and the neighboring communities in Idaho, as well as Jackson and Star Valley in Wyoming!