As human beings, our bodies are prone to breakdowns due to stress, fatigue, illness, or accidents resulting in injuries. Since these incidents are mostly unavoidable and can happen at any time, purchasing a health insurance policy that covers you financially in the case of a medical emergency is one of the best decisions you could ever make.
Health Insurance Policy Coverage
Health insurance policy is versatile in the sense that it not only covers you during an illness or when you are hospitalized, but it also offers adequate financial coverage even after you are discharged. This includes any medical checkup you might decide to go for in the future.
The following are some of the benefits of having a health insurance policy.
- Expenses During Hospitalization: This includes hospitalization fees, whether for an illness or accidental injury. In the event of an illness, expenses incurred while getting treated in the hospital such as room charges, ICU charges, doctors’ fees, diagnostic test costs, and surgery charges are covered.
- Expenses Before and After Hospitalization: Health insurance policy covers the cost of hospitalization from fifteen to sixty days before the treatment as well as the expenses incurred after hospitalization like follow-up visits, medicine, and diagnostic tests. It also covers the cost of transportation via an ambulance.
- Medical Checkup: Every insurance company, while offering a health insurance policy, also wants a healthy person on their portfolio, so some provide yearly preventive medical checkups. By doing this, individuals are more aware of their health condition. They are inclined to take better steps in ensuring they adopt the best lifestyle applicable to their health status.
- Bonus for Making No Claim: While a health insurance policy covers hospitalization expenses, accidents, and illnesses, there’s a reward for not filing any claims. A “No Claim Bonus” allows such healthy individuals to double their coverage without paying any additional premium. This feature is greatly advantageous for persons at significant risk of developing chronic illnesses such as hypertension, cancer, diabetes, and heart problems.
- Income Tax Rebate: Another benefit of paying for a health insurance policy is the availability of income tax rebates (deductions) on premiums paid by an individual. Such rebates not only save your tax but also help minimize your financial burden over the years.
The benefits listed out are sure to make you reconsider getting health insurance. For the right life insurance policy to fit your needs, contact Bell Black Insurance today! We serve insurance needs for those in Idaho Falls, Island Park, Driggs, Victor, Swan Valley, Ashton, and the neighboring communities in Idaho, and Jackson and Star Valley in Wyoming.