Prepare your business for winter weather ahead.
Winter is right around the corner, which means now is the perfect time for business owners to understand how they can protect their property. From rain and wind to snow and ice, winter brings some harsh weather conditions. Now might be your last chance to get your home or business ready before the winter storms and freezing temperatures kick in. Even the best-built businesses aren’t immune to the perils of winter. Check out these tips to get your property ready.
- Remove leaves from gutters and drains, including roof drains, to ensure smooth water flow.
- Direct downspouts away from the business’s foundation.
- Prune any nearby trees and clear brush from drainage ditches.
- Avoid putting space heaters in your property to warm it up. These can be serious fire hazards.
- Use a programmable thermostat to reduce heating costs. When your staff and guests are not present, set the thermostat several degrees lower for significant savings. When the temperatures drop, keep your thermostat running to prevent frozen pipes.
- If you don’t have one already, place a doormat, coat hanger, and umbrella stand near the doorway so employees and guests are not bringing rainwater inside, creating slipping hazards.
- Ensure there are no gaps in windows and doors that allow cold air in and warm air out.
- If a winter storm occurs, plan to have a professional snow removal service clear the roof of excess accumulation.
Protect your business in one of the best ways – by securing insurance. Contact Bell Black Insurance to get started on your coverage for your online business. Serving Idaho Falls, Island Park, Driggs, Victor, Swan Valley, Ashton, and the neighboring communities in Idaho, as well as Jackson and Star Valley in Wyoming, we are ready to get you covered today.