Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at Bell Black! While you are preparing your delicious Thanksgiving dinner and spending quality time with your family, it is important to make sure that everyone stays safe. Keep these Thanksgiving safety tips in mind to ensure everyone has a safe holiday.
- Before you start cooking, make sure to clean your oven and stove. Built up grease can easily start a dangerous fire.
- Never leave home while you are cooking. If you have food cooking on the stove, make sure to stay in the kitchen so that you can keep an eye on the food and put out any accidental fires.
- Create a “no kids zone” in the kitchen that is at least three feet away from the stove and oven. The steam from pots and pans can easily injure children if they get too close. Also make sure to keep animals out of the kitchen so that they do not get injured.
- Keep the floor dry and clear of any obstacles to that you do not trip and injure yourself, especially if you are holding a hot plate.
- Keep all electrical cords on the counter so children do not pull on them and injure themselves and so that you do not trip on them.
- Keep all knives, matches, and lighters out of the way of children.
- Have an easily accessible fire extinguisher that is rated for grease fires to put out any small fires. Make sure you know how to use it before you start cooking.
- Check to make sure that all of your fire alarms throughout your home are properly working. Replace any alarms that are outdated or not working properly.
Bell Black Insurance in Rexburg, Idaho would like to wish you and your family a safe and happy Thanksgiving!