Get thrifty and get the kitchen and bathroom of your dreams without breaking the bank.
If you're looking to vamp up your home this spring (and we're not just talking about scrubbing the skirting boards and dusting the mantel), then pull on your DIY gloves. In this age of do-it-yourself tutorials, hardware stores, and plenty of small tricks and tips, homeowners are updating their house all on a dime!
To get started with your easy kitchen and bathroom DIY remodel, follow these tips:
- Paint cabinets instead of replacing them - This is one of the easiest updates to do! Add a new splash of color, or even a new lick of paint, to your kitchen cabinets for instant appeal.
- Paint on some wall stripes - A two-toned wall will turn any minor room into a feature! Paint on some horizontal, thick stripes to glam up your bathroom.
- Restore retro charm - Retro is always in style! Instead of chucking out that vintage blender, get it restored and repaired to save big and add instant charm.
- Replace cabinet knobs - By simply updating those rusting cupboard handles, your bathroom and kitchen can be revived. This is a neat trick which costs homeowners pennies!
- Stock up on storage - Clear your counters for a more efficient and cleaner-looking room. Whether you add neat canvas bins to your bathroom or upper cabinets to your kitchen, be sure to clear the clutter.
- Replace the shower curtain - This can quickly get worn out and slimy if they aren't dried well. Commit to keeping your curtain in good condition!
- Add an accent wall - One wall painted a completely different (but complimentary) color to the rest will serve any room well.
Now that your kitchen and bathroom have had significant updates, you'll want to ensure that your homeowners insurance matches. Find out how your homeowners
insurance doesn't have to cost you an arm and a leg by contacting
Bell Black Insurance, serving Oakley, Idaho Falls, Island Park, Driggs, Victor, Swan Valley, Ashton, Jackson, and Star Valley in Idaho.