As the cooler months approach, tune up your furnace.
The winter brings the festive season and a chill in the air. Even though plenty of us love the crisp winter weather, the drop in temperatures means that we're shivering around our tea at 4:00 p.m. It's not ideal for party hosting or festive fun. As the cool weather approaches for the season, it's time to service your heating system if you haven't already done so!
So that your heater clicks on when you want it to, perform a furnace tune up!
- Inspect the thermostat for proper operation.
- Inspect the filter and change or clean as needed.
- Check all electrical components and controls.
- Oil the motors as needed.
- Inspect heat exchanger for possible cracks. A crack in the heat exchanger introduces carbon monoxide into the living space.
- Check the airflow. If it's significantly low, it may be necessary to clean the evaporator coil.
- Check the air-fuel mixture, where appropriate.
Assure that your furnace is operating properly by maintaining it throughout the year.
- Before you turn on your furnace for the first time this year, check that nothing flammable is stored next to the unit.
- Run your heater for a few minutes before you actually need it. Waiting until the first cold morning only to discover that it isn't working will land you at the bottom of waiting list before a heater specialist can come to fix it!
- Change the filters regularly! Dirty air filters restrict airflow and reduce energy efficiency.
Just a few moments of your time now could mean the difference between cozying down in your warm house for the night and shivering while waiting for the repair specialist! While you're taking care of your furnace, review your homeowners insurance. Now that the holiday season is fast approaching, you'll need to ensure that you have reliable insurance in place!
While you're taking care of your furnace, review your homeowners insurance. Now that the holiday season is fast approaching, you'll need to ensure that you have reliable insurance in place! Contact
Bell Black Insurance for your homeowners insurance
needs! We serve those in Idaho Falls, Island Park, Driggs, Victor, Swan Valley, Ashton, and the neighboring communities in Idaho, as well as Jackson and Star Valley in Wyoming.