Learn how to handle a car accident calmly and effectively.
Getting into a car accident can rattle even the most relaxed driver. However, if you are ever in an accident, it's important to stay calm and handle the situation carefully. Because there are a lot of little steps you have to remember in the wake of an accident, it's better to have a plan just in case you do ever find yourself in an accident. Use this informational guide to learn how you should handle this situation.
1) Immediately after an accident, take a moment to assess yourself. Take a few deep breaths to steady yourself, then, check yourself for any injuries. If you are okay, then proceed to the next step.
2) Make sure the other parties (another driver, bicyclist, or pedestrian) involved are okay. If necessary, contact emergency services. If someone is unconscious or has a neck injury, then avoid moving them if at all possible.
3) Call the police. If your accident results in damage, injury, or death, then you must contact the police. Even if the accident is minor, having a police report can help you file a claim with your insurance agency. When the police arrive, make sure you avoid admitting fault or blaming others. Let the police determine fault for themselves.
4) Exchange information. You should exchange names, phone numbers, insurance information, and license plate numbers. You should also get contact information for any witnesses. You should also take the opportunity to take pictures of the accident scene. These will help you file your claim.
5) As soon as possible, talk to your insurance agency and tell them what happened. From there, they can walk you through the claims process. Having a copy of the police report and any pictures of the scene can help you with filing a claim.
Follow this step-by-step guide to make sure you're handling a car accident thoroughly. Another way to be prepared is to have the right auto insurance to fit your needs. To find the right policy for you, contact
the professionals at Bell Black Insurance today! We serve all insurance needs for those in Idaho Falls, Island Park, Driggs, Victor, Swan Valley, Ashton, and the neighboring communities in Idaho, as well as Jackson and Star Valley in Wyoming.