Spice Rubbed Flank Steak With Spicy Peach Bourbon Sauce
Memorial Day is fast approaching, which means it is the perfect time to start planning for your Memorial Day cookout. Keep this delicious spice rubbed flank steak with spicy peach bourbon sauce in mind that is sure to be a hit with all of your friends and family.
For the sauce you will need:
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ¾ cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 ½ cups peach nectar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
For the steak you will need:
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¾ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1-pound trimmed flank steaks
- Cooking spray
- To prepare the sauce, heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add the garlic and onion, and sautÃ© for 5 minutes or until tender. Add the nectar, 3 tablespoons sugar, and vinegar. Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced to 1 cup, or about 15 minutes. Add the ketchup, bourbon, Worcestershire, and red pepper, and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat, and stir in the lime juice. Cool slightly, and then pour into a blender and process until smooth.
- Prepare your grill.
- For the steak, combine 1 tablespoon brown sugar, garlic powder, cumin, salt, paprika, coriander, mustard, and black pepper. Rub the mixture over both sides of the steak. Put the steak on the grill that is coated with cooking spray. Grill until the steak has reached your desired meat.
- Cut the steak diagonally, pour the sauce over, and enjoy!
All of us at Bell Black Insurance
in Rexburg, Idaho would like to wish you and your family a happy Memorial Day!