Looking for an affordable auto policy? Read on!
Car insurance is a necessity. It must be held by each motorist on the roads, so there's really no getting around it. While most safe drivers feel that they should only purchase the bare-bones of insurance to save them money, however, this often leaves them widely exposed.
There are certain factors that will automatically cause your auto insurance to be higher, such as a flashy sports car, a newly-qualified teen driver, or driving three times the average annual mileage. For example, a 40-year old woman who drives a 2007 sedan won't pay the same auto premium as an 18-year old male in a brand new Lexus.
Whether you're a 40-year old woman, an 18-year old male, or simply looking to save on your auto insurance every month, check out these tips:
Choosing Your Car:
- Pick a car with a high rating of safety features (dual airbags, motorized seatbelts, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft devices, and daytime running lights).
- Flashy cars will be costlier to insure. Period. They will cost more to repair.
Selecting Your Policy:
- Good Student Discounts apply for those receiving good grades in school or college.
- Good Driver Discount is available for those who have sustained a clean driving record.
- Senior Discount is for mature drivers, typically over the age of 50 or 55.
- Military Discounts may be available for the individual, or the family.
- Bundle your insurance policies together as insurers will often reduce rates if you insure your home, auto, RV, watercraft, and more with them.
- Increase your deductible - only if you can afford to pay that cost out of pocket should an accident occur.
- Drop collision coverage if you have an older car that has little monetary value.
- Review your insurance annually, as your lifestyle changes.
- Park your car in a garage as some insurers will let you save a couple of dollars this way.
- Install a driver monitoring device to track your mileage, speed, and frequency of driving.
the professionals at Bell Black Insurance to find out how you can save on your auto
insurance policy! We serve Oakley, Idaho Falls, Island Park, Driggs, Victor, Swan Valley, Ashton, Jackson, and Star Valley in Idaho!