Sweet and Spicy Grilled Salmon
Inviting all of your friends and family over for a backyard BBQ is one of the best parts of summer. While the traditional hamburgers and hot dogs are always a hit with everyone, this season is the perfect time to be a little more adventurous with your grilling. Try this sweet and spicy grilled salmon recipe in mind that everyone will love.
You will need:
- 2 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 8 stalks celery, very thinly sliced in half moons on an angle
- ½ red onion, very thinly sliced
- Four 5 ounce, center cut skin on salmon fillets, about 1 inch thick
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
Then you will need to:
- Preheat your grill on medium high.
- Mix together your hot sauce, paprika, brown sugar, and cayenne in a small bowl. Transfer 1 tablespoon of the mixture into a large bowl and whisk in the mayo. Set aside the rest of the sauce. Add the celery, chives, and onions to the bowl with the mayo and toss well.
- Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Brush the grill grate lightly with oil. Lay the salmon on the grill, skin side up, and cook until distinct grill marks appear and the salmon releases easily from the grill, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and brush the fish with some of the reserved sauce. Continue to cook the fish, brushing the pieces periodically with the sauce until the salmon fillets are glazed and cooked through, about 13 to 15 minutes.
- Serve the salmon with the celery slaw and enjoy!
All of us at Bell Black Insurance
in Rexburg, Idaho would like to encourage you to try this tasty recipe this summer!