People think about homeowners insurance all Summer long as they prepare for pool parties and storms, but Summer auto insurance coverage and auto maintenance is also important. Especially if the car is to be used on long road trips or if it will be used as a passenger vehicle.
Following are tips for maintaining your car over the Summer.
- Check the tire pressure. It changes as the temperatures rise. Make sure to maintain proper pressure.
- Change the oil and make sure there is enough of it.
- Check all fluid levels, especially if the car was not driven much over the Winter.
- Clean all of the Winter sludge and salt off of the bottom of the undercarriage to prevent rust.
- Check to make sure there are no leaks in any of the hoses.
- Be sure the windshield wipers are in working order because of unexpected showers that often plague the Summer months.
- Make sure brakes are working properly after the long Winter.
- Clean the battery if need be.
- Make sure coolant levels are as they should be.
- Make sure the air conditioner works; it's hot out there!
For more information about Summer auto maintenance tips or assistance with reviewing safety procedures, contact
Bell Black Insurance in Idaho.