Although summer is coming to an end, there is still plenty of time to take a family vacation before all the warm weather is gone. When you are planning your next vacation, it is important to remember to make sure that your home is protected while you are away. Keep these simple tips in mind to ensure that your home stays safe while you are away.
- Turn off the main water supply of your home. Turning off the main water supply to your home can ensure that you do not return from your vacation to a flooded home.
- Unplug all non-essential appliances. Unplug all of your electronics, such as your laptop and toaster oven, even if they are not on to protect them from damage in case of a power surge while you are away.
- Get a timer. Plug at least one light into a timer while you are away so that your home does not stay completely dark all night. This will help to protect your home from any burglars while you are away.
- Call the post office. Call the post office and request that all of your mail be held until you get back to prevent it from piling up.
- Clean up. While cleaning your home may not seem like the most fun before you leave on vacation, make sure to at least take out the trash and wipe down counters to avoid any pests getting into your home.
- Turn up your thermostat. Do not completely turn off your air to keep air circulating, which will help control mold and humidity.
For all of your homeowners insurance need to ensure that your Idaho home and assets are protected, contact
the insurance professionals at Bell Black Insurance. We can provide you with the most comprehensive coverage at competitive rates.