There is nothing quite like sitting around a full table with all of your loved ones during the holidays. While everyone has their favorite holiday treats, starting off your meal with a tasty appetizer can help prevent anyone from getting too hungry while waiting for the main event. Try this delicious holiday recipe that all of your friends and family are sure to love!
Butternut Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
You will need:
- 3 cups butternut squash cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 packages fresh mushrooms
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 goat cheese log
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup panko
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Fresh chives for garnish
Then you’ll need to:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat and cook the squash, stirring occasionally for 8 to 10 minutes, or until browned. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and sage, and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes until the wine has evaporated. Move the squash to a medium bowl and cool for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse the mushrooms and pat dry. Remove and throw away the stems.
- Stir the goat cheese, salt, and pepper into the squash mixture until just combined.
- Microwave the rest of the butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds on high. Stir the bread crumbs into the melted butter until just combined. Spoon in the desired amount of the goat cheese mixture into each mushroom cap. Press about 1 tablespoon of the bread crumb mixture into each filled mushroom. Put the mushrooms in a single layer on a lightly greased wire rack inside a jelly roll pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the breadcrumbs are toasted and golden brown.
All of us at Bell Black Insurance in Rexburg, Idaho would like to wish you and your family a happy holiday season! Be sure to contact us for all of your insurance needs!